Friday, May 9, 2014

Cheers to blowing out those candles

Tomorrow I turn 40.  Gulp.

I'm sure I've used Nina's Simone's words before, but tonight they seem to be itching to be said again;

"it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, and I'm feelin' good".

I head to London in the morning to spend the weekend with friends.  A bit of city living coupled with hard laughing and wild eating is good nourishment for the soul. 

At this moment in time there's no need to reflect on the decade past or the decade ahead, for it is what it is.  A head spin.  And here's the proof - taken yesterday after a day of hard playing.




Wherever you are in the world please have yourself a birthday wish on one of my m-a-n-y candles, there are plenty of those flaming torches to go around!

No comments: