Saturday, December 11, 2010

Puffa Off

At 22 weeks and 3 days pregnant I seem to be imploding as well as exploding. I'm full of air and my ankles are swollen like an elephants. 

I actually look like a puffa fish - if you placed a couple of puffy legs on the image below that would be me, absolutely spot on.


A close friend is arriving this morning for the weekend.  I cannot wait and again I look like a puffa fish due to the excitement.  We met in Uganda on Christmas day 8 years ago and it's been a year since I saw her for lunch in London.  She's beautiful, inspirational, gifted and wise - she has a spirit that touches you from within.

She and her husband have been tackling their own mountain of grief these past 5 months and it will be through tears and hope that I hug her so tightly today.  The kettle is on, the sofa is plumped and I'm about to get cakes.  Let the weekend roll.

No comments: